Coco Kings Coco Husk Chips are produced when the husk around the coconut is cut into pieces and not separated into coco-fiber or coco-peat. Coconut Husk Chips are widely used in the hydroponics industry and also in orchids industry. Large Coconut husk chips mix well with other large ingredients to create potting media for large specimen orchids. It absorbs water well and holds it like a sponge releasing it as the roots required.
The coco-chips are washed in clean water to achieve a material which can be safely used in growing media with a low Electrical Conductivity (EC) level (salt content). Using coco chips as an additive in potting mixtures creates a growing medium with ideal physical properties. The husk chips can absorb water and yet leave enough air available for sensitive plants such as gerberas and orchids. Coco Kings produces husk chips of 650gm and 5kg blocks. These absorb up to 10 times their weight in water and retain moisture.
The following sizes of chips are available in blocks.
8 – 12 mm, 12 – 18 mm and 18 – 24 mm.
Benefits of using Coco Kings Coco Chips/Husk Chips
- Excellent drainage, high cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Lasts longer than bark with no degradation
- 100% natural and renewable resource
- Wet coconut husk chips hold water and air like a sponge
- Very clean, uniform and zero wastage
- Prevents stress after re-potting
- Neutral pH and innate buffering capacity
- Resists fungal growth
- Cuts down fertilizer application up to 30%.